If you have read our article “BALLROOM DRESS BUYING GUIDE” and have decided that READY TO WEAR DRESS is better option for you then CUSTOM MADE or SECOND HAND you can now follow those steps.
STEP ONE: SEARCH WEBSITES
You can for example use Google images to browse through hundreds of pictures of ballroom dresses. Once you find the one you like you can click on the image and get redirected to the website it was published on.
Check the following link to see red ballroom dresses on Google images
It’s a great way of browsing very quickly. When you are on Google images website on the left side you will see little squares of different colors: red, blue, yellow, green. When you click on that little square you will see dresses only in that color. While this is a great feature it is unfortunately limited only to basic colors. So if you are looking for specific shades like flamenco, champagne, amethyst you won’t be able to find it using that feature.
You can also search Facebook and Flicker.
STEP TWO: GET ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE DRESS
Once you find the dress you like, get as many information on it as possible:
- Is fabric stretchable and high quality?
- Does dress have a full body suit?
- Are stones used for decoration Swarovski, Preciosa, Korean, acrylic or others?
- How many gross of stones are on the dress? (One gross is 144 pieces, and it’s used to describe quantity)
- Size of the dress (ask for some additional sizes beside BASIC measurements)
- Is it original dress made from scratch or upgraded dress?
- Ask for extra pictures including close-ups
STEP THREE: GET INFORMATION ABOUT DRESSMAKER
You should especially check:
- How experienced are they in dressmaking?
- Do they specialize in ballroom, latin, smooth, rhythm or they are making other dance costumes?
- How long their business has been ONLINE? Pick once that have been online for at least five years (check domain name age for verification, CLICK HERE)
- Are they making their own dresses or reselling?
- Are they making own, original dresses or upgrading someone else dresses?
TIP: Choose the Company making their own dresses rather than reseller to save 20 to 30%. Choose the company making own, original dresses from scratch for higher quality and better value for your money.
STEP FOUR: FIND OUT ABOUT THE TERMS AND POLICY
Read the “small print” on dressmaker website and check following:
- Return policy.
- Fit guarantee.
- Quality guarantee.
The most important is of course RETURN POLICY. Check if you can send the dress back for refund if you are not happy about it’s quality or size?
STEP FIVE: GET INFORMATION ABOUT PAYMENT AND SHIPPING COSTS.
Before placing an order you should know the TOTAL COST of your dress including tax, shipping and extra charges.
Discuss accepted forms of payment and choose one that works for you. PAYPAL is one of the most popular and its safe. There might be extra charges for using this service.
Bank transfer is also popular and safe form of payment, and has smaller charges.
Now you have enough information to quickly find, choose and buy your ballroom dress
If you are still not sure that READY TO WEAR DRESS is better option for you then CUSTOM MADE or SECOND HAND DRESS you should read our article “BALLROOM DRESS BUYING GUIDE”